Our Clinical Systems are Merging
GP Surgeries, Hallgate and Chestnuts, both located in Cottingham will be merging to form one, larger GP Surgery within the village. The centralised, single story development at 168 King Street, will offer the residents of Cottingham a purpose built facility with better accessibility standards to its disabled and vulnerable population with parking facilities and disabled access standards throughout. This is likely to be completed in the Summer of 2020.
Prior to this move however, we are launching a merge of clinical systems only and bringing the two practice lists together. From a patients perspective you will attend your respective surgery sites (locations) as normal.
Hallgate patients may experience some disruption at the King Street site but we have plans in place to keep this to a minimum and for normal service to be maintained. You may be asked to attend appointments at the Chestnuts Surgery whilst some work is being completed on the King Street site.
The disruption will take place on Monday 18 November from 3pm and is expected to end on Tuesday 19 November at 11am.
Staff are maintaining service as much as possible during this time. However, they will not have access to clinical systems during these times.
I am a patient of one of these Surgeries - how does this affect me?
- If you are due to take blood tests on and after Thursday 14 November, we ask that you allow five working days before calling the surgery for your results. Staff will continue to contact patients who require support or action for their test results, as usual, in this time.
- If you have had a radiology test (X-Ray or Ultrasound) and are expecting results back on the week commencing 11 November, you may experience a delay in receiving these due to the disruption. Staff will be processing results and will contact you if actions are required on a priority basis.
- Both Surgeries will be unable to process prescriptions after the evening of Thursday 14 of November. Prescriptions handed in after this time will be processed from Tuesday 19 November. If required, please order your prescription before this time. For controlled, weekly or fortnightly prescriptions, this will be at the discretion of the clinician.
- On Monday 18 November 2019, the morning hours will be reserved for emergency appointments only. There will be no routine reviews held in the afternoon of this date. However, home visits will be conducted as usual in the afternoon. Patients are asked to ensure requests for home visits are made before 11am.
- Doctor’s Appointments will restart on Tuesday 19 November 2019 from 1030am. Please note that staff will have limited access to the systems until this time. If you require support and advice, please note that staff will still be available to contact via telephone on 01482 845832 for Hallgate patients and 01482 847250 for the Chestnuts patients.
- Patients can still contact NHS 111 or contact their local pharmacy for advice and support during the disruption period. NHS 111 and pharmacies can also signpost you to appropriate services 24 hours a day. You do not need an appointment for urgent care centres for acute minor injury and illness.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Chestnuts Surgery and Hallgate Surgery