The Chestnuts Surgery provides a high standard of patient-centred care to the residents of Cottingham and the surrounding area. We aim to treat all of our patients promptly and with dignity and respect.
Our dedicated team are here to treat minor ailments and provide specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. Online services mean you can now do many things from the comfort of your home, such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
If you would like to register with us, please complete our registration form and new patient questionnaire which you can collect from our Reception staff.
Friday, 6 December 2019 - Phone lines at Chestnut Surgery have now been restored.
Notice of Hallgate Surgery and Chestnuts Surgery Merge
Hallgate Surgery and Chestnuts Surgery, located in Cottingham will be merging to form one, larger GP Surgery in the village.
Due to this merge there will be a period of disruption that patients and service users will need to be aware of. The disruption will take place on Monday 18 November from 3pm and is expected to end on Tuesday 19 November at 11am.
Staff are maintaining service as much as possible during this time. However, they will not have access to clinical systems during these times.
How does this affect me?
- If you are due to take blood tests on and after Thursday 14 November, we ask that you allow five working days before calling the surgery for your results. Staff will continue to contact patients who require support or action for their test results, as usual, in this time.
- If you have had a radiology test (X-Ray or Ultrasound) and are expecting results back on the week commencing 11 November, you may experience a delay in receiving these due to the disruption. Staff will be processing results and will contact you if actions are required on a priority basis.
- Both Surgeries will be unable to process prescriptions after the evening of Thursday 14 of November. Prescriptions handed in after this time will be processed from Tuesday 19 November. If required, please order your prescription before this time. For controlled, weekly or fortnightly prescriptions, this will be at the discretion of the clinician.
- On Monday 18 November 2019, the morning hours will be reserved for emergency appointments only. There will be no routine reviews held in the afternoon of this date. However, home visits will be conducted as usual in the afternoon. Patients are asked to ensure requests for home visits are made before 11am.
- Doctor’s Appointments will restart on Tuesday 19 November 2019 from 1030am. Please note that staff will have limited access to the systems until this time. If you require support and advice, please note that staff will still be available to contact via telephone on 01482 845832.
- Patients can still contact NHS 111 or contact their local pharmacy for advice and support during the disruption period. NHS 111 and pharmacies can also signpost you to appropriate services 24 hours a day. You do not need an appointment for urgent care centres for acute minor injury and illness.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Chestnuts Surgery and Hallgate Surgery
We are pleased to announce that Chestnuts and Hallgate Surgery are coming together!
This will lay the ground work over the next 9 months to prepare us for an extension planned to the King Street Site
For more information please see the patient communications in the PDF below.
Hallgate & Chestnuts Surgery Merger
From week commencing 1 July 2019 our practices will be offering some extended access appointments to support you outside of the core hours 8.00am - 6.00pm
We will have a mixture of Practice Nurse telephone appointments, Nurse Practitioner telephone appointments (Minor illness and injury advice) and face-to-face Health Care Assistant appointments
Patients at Hallgate and Chestnuts surgery have an option to book at either site so this is not restricted to your own surgery to offer more availability to you.
These clinics will be held on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings from 7.30am - 8.00am routinely (this may change when staff are on holiday and start from 7.00am Tuesday / Thursday or 7.30am - 8.00am on Wednesdays)
Please ask for more information at reception to book or if you have an questions.
| || |
|Monday||8:30am - 6.00pm|
|Tuesday||7.30am - 8.00am (extended access only at Chestnuts Surgery) 8:30am - 6.00pm|
|Wednesday||8.30am - 6.00pm|
|Thursday||7.30am - 8.00am (extended access only at Hallgate and Chestnuts Surgery) 8:30am - 6.00pm|
|Friday||8.30am - 6.00pm|
Try the new NHS app
If you are a patient at our practice you can now use the NHS app, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS app to check your symptoms to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical records and more. Go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp for more information.
The Chestnuts Surgery was recently visited by the CQC inspection team and received an overall "good" rating.
For advice and assistance in this time, please contact 111 or in event of a medical emergency please contact 999
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 06/12/2019)